UA Clarinet Day 2018Featuring Special Guest Artist Jonathan Gunn
Join us at Fred Fox School of Music for a fun-filled day of performances, masterclasses, and vendors. Bring your clarinet and play in the Clarinet Choir!
Sunday, January 14, 2018
10am – 5pm
Clarinet Day is an educational event for clarinetists to learn and be inspired by other by clarinet-centered activities. Participants are encouraged to bring their instruments to try equipment and play in the mass clarinet choir.
Pre-college students, college students, and clarinet enthusiasts of all ages. Parents are welcome to attend the events with their students.
Fred Fox School of Music at the University of Arizona. Check in at the front lobby, outside of Holscalw Hall, and you will be given a welcome packet and directed toward the events.
Registration Coming Soon
- 10:00am Session I Registration opens
- 10:30am-12:00pm Clarinet Choir Reherasals
- 12:00pm-1:00pm Lunch Break
- 12:00pm Session II Registration opens
- 12:00pm Vendors open: Shop for reeds and clarinet equipment
- 1:00-2:30pm Master Class with Jonathan Gunn
- 2:45pm-3:15pm Clarinet for Beginners
- 2:45pm-3:30pm Tone Production Clinic
- 3:15pm-3:45pm All-State Etudes Clinic
- 4:00pm Jonathan Gunn Recital
- 5:00pm Clarinet Choir Performance
Fred Fox School of Music
Today, the Fred Fox School of Music ranks among the country’s foremost institutions of higher education in music. A nationally and internationally recognized faculty of artists and scholars provides instruction, inspiration, and guidance to the School’s approximately 400 music majors.
Fred Fox School of Music graduates hold significant teaching, performing, and administrative positions throughout the country and abroad. In the years ahead, The University of Arizona Fred Fox School of Music will continue to play an important role in the training of performing artists, teachers, and scholars.